Monday, October 27, 2008






The Envelope Pusher

Cliff Davies bass just went out the other day. It was one of those basses that was sad to let go of. I thought I'd post a few of Cliff's thoughts upon opening his new instrument:

"Dude I got it. DAMN. The first thing that hit was how amazing the finish job is on this bass, I've had MTD's and Roscoes, but this bass' finish is amazing. If I smashed the bass, the wood inside would crumble but the finish would hold for sure. Well done!

I'm gonna play it for about a week until I tell you my thoughts on it's sound, I've only just plugged it in for about an hour but DAMN, it's such a great difference from the single coils I've been livin' on.

The Glock sounds great, the knobs are awesome, they make the top side of the bass so nice.

The Aeros and the pickup box are killer, I really dig the box and how it came out. The location on the bass is perfect for my style. I just love exposed pole pickups.

Dude it's just awesome, I'm so happy I took and chance on you guys and ordered this bass. You are the detail king, ever aspect is great, from the cool hex screws to the extra maple laminate where the neck is bolted to the body. You were right with the red finish on the back, it just kills. There's definitely another Sage in my future.


Thanks dude, I love this bass!

Cliff"



We Couldn't ask for a better response to one of our instruments. Thanks for carrying the torch Cliff.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Dude my first blogspot comment, the pics look awesome, the bass plays awesome, you were meant to be a luthier.